Friday 9 October 2009

Manchester SQL Server User Group

Attended my first EVER user group meeting a couple of weeks back. I had been meaning to get to one of these ever since they started in Manchester earlier this year, but always something else had conspired against me.

Sure I've done SQL Bits, and various MSDN/TechNet type stuff, but this was different, more personal and certainly made me feel more involved. Looking forward to many more of these, and maybe next time I will network properly - I talked to many people but didn't get their details!

If you've never attended one of these, or perhaps are not sure they are for you, don't worry just get along to one. You'll meet people working in SQL at all levels, and even if you have nothing in common with anyone else, then you'll be able to share your 'uniqueness' with them. There's no pressure to network, speak or contribute, but after just one I bet you'll be itching to get more involved!

They are organised by the UK SQL Server User Group , the Manchester one by Chris Testa-O'Neill ( blog ), who shows great enthusiasm for the community.

Next Manchester one is planned for 15 Oct 2009, more details here, but check out the UK SSUG website for other events near you. They do Leeds, Dundee, Reading, Bracknell, Cardiff and the obligatory London.

No comments: